I have used this brand of litmus paper before, it is easy to use and it takes only 10 seconds to get reading. It can be used on saliva and urine and comes in 5 meter long roll in handy, little dispenser.
How to test from saliva
- make sure you don’t brush your teeth, consume any food or drink at least 30 minutes prior testing
- accumulate saliva from under the tongue and swallow, repeat and wet the litmus (testing paper) then compare the color you get with the color chart provided
- ideal saliva pH should be between 6.8-7.4
How to test from urine
- use first morning urine, you can place litmus paper directly into your stream or you can collect it into small sterile jar and dip the testing paper into it
- once again compare the color you get immediately with the color chart provided
- ideal pH of urine first thing in a morning is between 6.4-7.0, then during the day it should be between 7.0-7.4
- you can test during the day as well, about two hours after breakfast and you can test also before going to bed, just make sure it is two hours after eating and drinking
To make sure that this testing kit will last you and will give you accurate readings you need to store it in a dry and cool place and make sure you don’t handle and touch it more than it is needed as it may absorb oil, moisture and impurities from your fingers and alter the reading.